Style
Red
Type

Still

Winemaker

Kenny Likitprakong

Appellation

Potter Valley

Varieties

Pinot Noir

Viticulture

The Vecino Vinyard is certified organic by CCOF and biodynamic by Demeter. It sits at 700 feet above sea level in between Lake Pillsbury and Lake Mendocino. We harvested roughly 50% each of clones Pommard and 115 the morning of August 27th, a full two weeks earlier than what we used to think of as normal.

Vinification

This vintage employed 70% whole cluster, leaving 30% to be destemmed. There was no cold soak, no inoculation, no additions of any kind, and very few punchdowns. Some carbonic aromas made their way to the top of the tank, the cap got funky, and eventually, the fermentation began, then finished, and the wine was pressed to barrels. The malolactic fermentation, also uninoculated, went through in barrels and wine was kept on the lees until bottling. Total production in 2016 was 462 cases.

Features

Vegan

Available Sizes (L)

0.750