Nicolò Pozzoli


Franco e Matteo Bernabei

Distribution Area

Delaware, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania


Malvasia Bianca, Trebbiano Toscana, Sangiovese


Over 20 years old


Organic and Sustainable

Visit Website

About Lornano

Lornano is a boutique winery owned by the same family since 1904. It’s located on south west hills of Castellina in Chianti on the border between Castellina and Monteriggioni. The winery was built up around the old church of Lornano in the fifteen century and the form of the current structure dates to the second half of the eighteenth century.

The property extends over 444 acres of which 121 are planted with vines. 80% of the vineyard is planted with 15 different carefully selected clones of Sangiovese which expresses the authentic character of this ancient grape. The other 20% is planted with Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, and a small percentage of white grapes Trebbiano and Malvasia used for our famed VinSanto del Chianti Classico DOC.

Fattoria di Lornano is a member of the “Consorzio del Marchio Storico Chianti Classico Gallo Nero” since its foundation in 1924. Lornano practices a sustainable model of agriculture which promotes equilibrium with the environment and preserves natural resources. High-quality wines free of chemical fertilizers and herbicides are produced, using only minimal amounts of added sulfites.

Lornano vineyards are characterized by diverse soils and microclimates at an average altitude of 300 meters above sea level. The wine is produced exclusively from the vineyards of the estate. The grapes are vinified in a modern cellar in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperatures. The juice is then aged in French oak barrels in an old underground wine cellar which protects the wine from sudden temperature changes. The harvest, which usually takes place between the end of September and mid October, is done mostly by hand through a careful selection of grapes.