Customize Sheet
    Customize Font Size to Fit
    • *Don’t forget to edit the price table.

    Tips to Save Space
    Customize & Print

    Save your page as a PDF using your built-in browser’s “Print” option. Just click the “Preview & Print” button and change the “Destination” from your local printer to any of your installed PDF applications. Please note: these steps vary slightly by browser.

    Stamp

    Lornano

    Chianti Classico

    Italy, Tuscany, Chianti Classico

    Red

    Winery Overview

    Lornano is a boutique winery owned by the same family since 1904. It’s located on south west hills of Castellina in Chianti on the border between Castellina and Monteriggioni. The winery was built up around the old church of Lornano in the fifteen century and the form of the current structure dates to the second half of the eighteenth century. Fattoria di Lornano is a member of the “Consorzio del Marchio Storico Chianti Classico Gallo Nero” since its foundation in 1924. Lornano practices a sustainable model of agriculture which promotes equilibrium with the environment and preserves natural resources. We produce high-quality wines free of chemical fertilizers and herbicides, using only minimal amounts of added sulfites. The property extends over 180 hectars of which 49 are planted with vines. The 80% of the vineyard is planted with 15 different carefully selected clones of Sangiovese which expresses all the authentic character of this ancient and amazing grape. The other 20% is planted with Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, with a small percentage of white grapes Trebbiano and Malvasia used for our famed VinSanto del Chianti Classico DOC. Lornano vineyards characterized by diverse soils and microclimates are situated at an average altitude of 300 meters above sea level. The wine is produced exclusively from the vineyards of the estate, vinified in a modern cellar in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperatures and aged in an old wine cellar, completely underground protected from sudden temperature changes, in French oak barrels. The harvest, which usually takes place between the end of September and mid October, is done mostly by hand through a careful selection of grapes.

    Vineyard

    Over 20 years old

    Soil

    Compact calcareous clay, rich in macro and micro elements and skeleton of alluvial origin.

    Viticulture

    hand picked

    Vinification

    carefully de-stemmed grapes, light pressed with a pneumatic press. vinified in modern stainless steel tanks, with maceration on the skins for a median duration of 15-18 days at a temperature of about 26 ° centigrade

    Aging

    12 months in used French oak barrels

    Tasting Notes

    With a ruby red color and maroon reflections that develop with age, this wine has delicate aromas of violet, raspberry, cinnamon, tobacco, and black pepper. It has great body, harmonious and spicy. Will age well in the bottle for another ten years to come.

    Scores & Ratings
    92
    James Suckling
    97
    Luca Maroni
    92
    James Suckling
    Additional Information

    Provide your own information here.