Location & Status
Central & Southern Delaware
FLSA Status: Exempt
Founded in 1980, Regal Wine Imports is an importer and wholesale distributor of fine wines and craft beers based in Moorestown, New Jersey. Life-long friends Charlie Trivinia and Dan Bada started the company from scratch with the simple philosophy of finding and representing the top examples from around the world. For over 30 years, Regal has held true to that vision. The company continues to grow significantly, now counting more than 75 employees, two offices, and a broad local and national distribution network. Regal offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, disability benefits, 401K and Paid Time Off.
This route sales representative will be responsible for servicing and building an existing customer base, with the intent to develop and promote company priorities. They will be responsible for the presentation, placement and development of priority brands and the coordination and implementation of promotions, sales planning and administration for customers.
- • Responsible for maintaining and building strong relationships with our established on premise and off premise customers.
- • Identify new customers and acquire new accounts.
- • Create opportunities in the market for sales growth and expansion.
- • Provide educational wine and specialty beer tastings/training to accounts when appropriate.
- • Manage and maintain a sales territory, open new accounts, make new placements in both on and off premise accounts
- • Provide outstanding customer service through developing regular sales calls and providing after sale follow through and wine education.
- • Commitment to your personal growth through the acquisition of product and general industry knowledge.
- • Ongoing sales efforts to increase sales on focus brands selected by the company.
- • Regular service calls on each account – achieve sales goals on a monthly basis.
- • Rapport-building with decision-makers and providing excellent customer service to customers.
- • 2-5 years of industry sales experience preferred.
- • College degree is preferred
- • Must be flexible and easily adapt to change as business priorities shift
- • Positive attitude and a passion for the wine and beer industry
- • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- • Strong organizational and follow up skills
- • Highly motivated and works well independently and on a team
- • Flexibility with regard to scheduled work hours
- • Strong organizational and territory management skills
- • Ability to build productive partnerships and collaborate with decision makers
- • General computer knowledge with a focus on Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
- • Valid driver’s license
- • Ability to lift and carry a 40lb wine case
- • Reliable transportation to service the sales territory
- • Most of your travel time will be within a given territory which may include evening and weekend appointments and participating in bi-weekly Sales Meetings in our Moorestown, NJ headquarters.