Location & Status
FLSA Status: Exempt
Regal Wine Imports is an importer and wholesale distributor of fine wines based in Moorestown, New Jersey. Co-founders Dan Bada and Charlie Trivinia believe that expert palates and the development of long-term, meaningful relationships are the keys to building a successful company. For over 40 years, Regal has held true to that vision. We offer a broad and growing selection of fine wines recognized and sought after in the industry from high quality producers and with outstanding press.
This sales representative will be responsible for servicing and building an existing customer base of national/wholesale customers with the intent to develop and promote company priorities. They will be responsible for the presentation, placement and development of priority brands and the coordination and implementation of promotions, sales planning and administration for customers. Responsible for the overall management, direction and coordination of strategic planning for the company’s national brands within assigned customers. Duties include setting regional sales goals, coordinating product pricing and placement, analyzing profit margins, interacting with key accounts, assisting with compliance and regulatory issues and other tasks as needed for the promotion and sale of the national brands.
- • Maintain and build strong relationships with established national wholesalers.
- • Identify key accounts and opportunities within assigned territories.
- • Create opportunities in the market for sales growth and expansion.
- • Build rapport with key decision makers and provide outstanding customer service through developing regular sales calls and providing necessary after sale follow up to promote sell through and additional orders.
- • Coordinate regional sales activities for national brands including; setting sales goals, monitoring pricing as needed to drive product distribution and maintaining regular sales oriented communication with all distributor and account level personnel essential for product sell through.
- • Ensure the continued sales growth of national brands and continually source new areas of opportunity for business.
- • Develop, foster, and maintain a close working relationship with national distributors in multiple states. Including visits with ownership and market work-withs.
- • As appropriate, communicate directly with producers in several countries and coordinate producer visits, purchasing projections and sales reports.
- • Coordinate with Purchasing to manage inventory through tracking depletions and assisting with projections.
- • Closely monitor sales within territory to evaluate and implement sales promotion activities to increase sales and/or profits; communicate regularly regarding regional conditions and current sales levels; prepare regional reports and other data as requested.
- • Work closely with Marketing regarding regional promotions and new product introductions.
- • Monitor local, state and federal alcoholic beverage regulations and assist compliance with registering new products in various states.
- • Recommend strategic, capacity and budget planning for national brands.
- • Keep lines of communication open with operations and purchasing teams to keep them informed of initiatives, promotional activity, and pricing in order to proactively manage workflow and minimize duplication of efforts.
- • Complete other special projects, reports and events as needs arise.
- • Bachelor’s degree preferred
- • 3 or more years of sales and customer service experience is required.
- • 3 or more years of distributor/supplier management/sales experience preferred.
- • Understanding of retail go-to- market strategies.
- • A significant amount of travel, including national and international, is required however in the near future, given the COVID pandemic, remote work will comprise a most of the work week.
- • Preferred location in mid west or western region of the US
- • To be successful in this role, you must be a highly organized team player with a background in the wine industry and extensive knowledge of wine products.
- • You must have excellent time management skills combined with the ability to work autonomously.
- • Timely follow up and responsiveness to internal and external customers is crucial.
- • Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- • Proficiency in MS Office especially Excel and PowerPoint; experience with Diver is preferred.
- • Excellent attention to detail and the ability to successfully multi-task in a deadline-driven atmosphere, while understanding big-picture objectives and strategy.
- • Must be flexible and easily adapt to change as business priorities shift.
- • Must be able to work with a flexible schedule including nights and weekends as required.
- • Positive attitude and a passion for the industry!
- • Self-starter with sense of urgency…not afraid to roll-up your sleeves
- • Must embrace and demonstrate Regal Wine Core Values