Location & Status
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Founded in 1980, Regal Wine Imports is an importer and wholesale distributor of fine wines and craft beers based in Moorestown, New Jersey. Life-long friends Charlie Trivinia and Dan Bada started the company from scratch with the simple philosophy of finding and representing the top examples from around the world. For over 30 years, Regal has held true to that vision. The company continues to grow significantly, now counting more than 75 employees, two offices, and a broad local and national distribution network.
This position serves as the primary point of contact for customer communication and resolution of customer service related inquiries. This position is responsible for answering incoming phone calls, building and maintaining effective relationships with our various customers through effectively and efficiently responding to inquiry calls and properly documenting service issues.
- • Provide support to the sales team and customers by entering, amending or changing orders, including price changes, date changes, quantity changes or product changes.
- • Answer phones promptly; courteously respond to customer inquiries and/or refer them effectively to someone who can assist them.
- • Work as part of the customer service team, assist in resolving issues that arise including incorrect or incomplete orders, breakage, tastings, sampling and price changes.
- • Maintain professionalism while working with both internal and external customers.
- • Set up, maintain and update customer records, including contacting customers to obtain missing information or data to ensure an accurate customer database.
- • Use problem solving skills to identify root causes of service-related inquires and provide feedback on how to overcome the issue.
- • Communicate effectively with other departments to maintain and resolve service related inquiries.
- • Apply knowledge of company products/services to efficiently process customer information and respond to inquiries and complaints in a diplomatic manner.
- • Create customer pick-up requests and coordinate with the operations department to ensure timely return of product to the warehouse.
- • Respond to requests to put products on hold and create “bill & hold” orders for customers.
- • Train staff as requested.
- • Provide general office management support, as needed.
- • Coverage for sales team while they are out of the office, including calls to accounts, order entry, and directing requests.
- • Perform other related duties as assigned.
- • Become proficient in use of Apprise, Roadnet, email, Excel, PLCB portal, and other software as required by department procedures.
- • Create and distribute reports for use by the sales team.
- • Manage multiple email accounts in accordance within department SLA (service-level agreement).
- • Review delivery paperwork for proper filing/distribution/follow-up actions.
- • Contact freight carriers for quotes and pick-up arrangements.
- • Must have at least 2-3 years of sales support or customer service experience
- • Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and customers over the phone.
- • Basic wine knowledge is highly desirable
- • Attention to detail
- • Must be flexible and easily adapt to change as business priorities shift
- • Strong organizational and follow up skills
- • Highly motivated and works well independently and on a team
- • Flexibility with regard to scheduled work hours
- • General computer knowledge with a focus on Word, Excel, and Outlook required and ability to learn new order-entry software
- • Must have reliable transportation
- • Excellent attention to detail and the ability to successfully multi-task in a deadline-driven atmosphere.
- • Must be flexible and easily adapt to change as business priorities shift.
- • Must embrace and demonstrate Regal Wine Core Values.
- • High School Diploma or equivalent