Location & Status
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Regal Wine Imports is an importer and wholesale distributor of wines, spirits and beers based in Moorestown, New Jersey. Co-founders Dan Bada and Charlie Trivinia believe that expert palates and the development of long-term, meaningful relationships are the keys to building a successful company. For over 40 years, Regal has held true to that vision.
Summary of Copywriter position:
- • The Copywriter will report to the Portfolio Director and serve as an integral part of Regal’s portfolio and marketing team.
- • This position is to be based in Moorestown, NJ, providing Brand Managers with day-to-day writing support, as well as assisting sales with their product writing needs. In the near future, given the COVID pandemic, remote work will comprise a portion of the work week
- • This is a ground floor opportunity to build experience in brand management and social media, as well as an excellent chance to build a career path into the world of wine, spirits, and beer
Content creation (70%)
- • Develop written content across all media channels to include digital and print, social media platforms, product labels, and websites. Content will need to be in different tones and from different consumer perspectives, considering different marketing channels. These deliverables will include short and long-form copy in support of brands and sales tools, not limited to: producer profiles, themed articles, individual product sell sheets, shelf talkers, in-depth tasting notes, event descriptions, etc.
- • Maintain up-to-date technical sheets on all products
- • Review previously developed content; recommend usability improvements to ensure content clarity, brevity, calls to action
- • Research and apply content approaches and storytelling trends/techniques across various channels
- • Develop and apply content management processes to implement a write-once / read-many content library supporting multiple platforms (internal applications, website, SevenFifty, Beverage Media, chain accounts, national wholesale partners, etc)
Social media account management (20%)
- • Manage social media accounts to develop stronger presence and influence Regal brand
- • Ensure supplier brands are well-represented by Regal on all social media platforms
Marketing support (10%)
- • Assist with press submissions, preparing samples for mailing
- • Assist events lead with collateral creation and occasional onsite event support
- • BA/BS in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or related field.
- • 1 -2 years’ creative writing, journalism, content marketing creation, or communications experience.
- • A passion for the wine/beer/spirits business with demonstrated industry and product knowledge; ideally, classes and certifications in wine/spirits/beer
- • An understanding of communication principles for digital, print and nontraditional media
- • An understanding of social media culture and its many platforms (including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, etc.)
- • Ability to learn and operate software systems. Skilled in the use of MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word at an intermediate level
- • Reliable for follow through…taking ownership of projects
- • Demonstrating attention to detail…accuracy
- • Self-starter with sense of urgency…not afraid to roll-up your sleeves
- • Must embrace and demonstrate Regal Wine Core Values