Location & Status
FLSA Status: Exempt
Founded in 1980, Regal Wine Imports is an importer and wholesale distributor of wines, spirits and beers based in Moorestown, New Jersey. Co-founders Dan Bada and Charlie Trivinia believe that expert palates and the development of long-term, meaningful relationships are the keys to building a successful company. For over 30 years, Regal has held true to that vision.
The company continues to grow, now counting more than 75 employees, two offices, and a broad local and national distribution network. Regal offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, disability benefits, 401K and Paid Time Off.
Our growing company is adding this key position to our Finance Team. The right candidate will have visibility to management and will interact with all departments in the organization. Vision for this new position includes developing and documenting procedures and guidelines for accounting, cash and credit management, administration and other activities. The Controller will be responsible for month-end reconciliations and reporting, beverage tax returns, and accounting support to team members and other departments.
- • Provide guidance to accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory analysis and general accounting teams
- • Provide backup and support for the entire Finance team as required
- • Maintain ongoing cash forecast including determining estimated receipts and scheduling disbursements in order to stay within Line of Credit availability.
- • Establishing and maintaining internal controls
- • Managing all aspects of the general ledger
- • Providing monthly, quarterly and year-end reports and perform closings
- • Performing analysis to provide commission and bonus calculations for HR
- • Coordinating and assisting with the budget process. Including conducting meetings with the Leadership team
- • Coordinate the provision of information to external accountants for the annual review
- • Working with our insurance broker to set up appropriate prepaid insurance and expense transactions and provide COIs as required
- • Assessing current accounting procedures, offering recommendations and implementing new processes.
- • Maintaining and reconciling fixed assets schedules
- • Performing account analysis and reconciliation
- • Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- • Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- • Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- • Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- • Understanding of GAAP. insurance, financial markets, and banking
- • Comprehensive knowledge of Financial Statements
- • Outstanding analytical, quantitative and social skills; identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- • Driven to meet goals of position, department and company, by working independently and as an effective team leader.
- • Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events; ability to work in a fast pace/high volume environment.
- • Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- • Well-organized, self-directed team player; prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- • Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors and others.
- • Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence and good judgment
- • Capacity to make critical judgments, problem solve and have a strict attention to detail.
- • Skilled at using Microsoft productivity software such as Excel, Outlook and Word.
- • Thorough knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
- • Must embrace and demonstrate Regal Wine Core Values
Education and Experience:
- • BS/BA Degree in Accounting or related field required
- • Experience with bank reconciliations, JEs, wires & ACH payments, foreign currency transactions.
- • 7+ years of progressively responsible experience in a distribution organization required –
- • Experience with ERP system; Apprise preferred
- • CPA is an added bonus