Location & Status
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Regal Wine Imports is an importer and wholesale distributor of fine wines and craft beers based in Moorestown, New Jersey. Our philosophy is simple: find and represent the top examples of viniculture, viticulture and craft brewers from around the world.
Responsible for providing support for department functions with specific responsibility for performing activities related to the accurate processing of authorized invoices and credits; recording, updating and reconciling related financial information; and providing instructions and/or accounting support to other departments.
- • Post cash receipts in Apprise system
- • Process completed credit applications with credit services, follow up on trade and bank references to determine appropriate credit lines and terms.
- • Review credit applications for existing customers when they come up for renewal and submit new applications to customers.
- • Oversee credit control process to ensure that Regal is dealing with customers in good standing and that appropriate documentation accompanies all deliveries. Communicate daily with sales staff and drivers to make them aware of customer status prior to interacting with them.
- • Scan/mail/fax customer statements, credit memos and invoices, credit or collection statement as appropriate.
- • Notify customers of non-sufficient fund checks, arrange for an alternate method of payment and assesses charges to account. Contact Sales Rep and/or Sales Manager with updates when applicable to ensure receipt of payment or no deliveries made until payment terms are met.
- • Handle all accounts receivable, customer payments and status of payments.
- • Place soft collections calls to customers who are delinquent in their payments for outstanding invoices.
- • Work with customer service and sales team to advise them on returned customer checks due to insufficient funds. Work with sales team on the status of returned checks or insufficient fund issues.
- • Determine which customers are appropriate for credit hold by looking at aging reports. Notify the sales team as to which customers are on credit hold and coordinate with customer service team.
- • Act as liaison with sales force and drivers for notification of checks that need to be picked up, have been picked up or any other sales/customer related problem.
- • Complete daily reconciliation report for General Ledger Accounts
- • Effectively communicate and enforce compliance laws pertaining to billing and payment to sales team, customer service, and customers.
- • Provide support for other departments where needed.
- • Excellent attention to detail and the ability to successfully multi-task in a deadline-driven atmosphere.
- • Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence and good judgment.
- • Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback.
- • Well-organized, self-directed team player; prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- • Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- • Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- • Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality, presents numerical data effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
- • Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors and others.
- • Must embrace and demonstrate Regal Wine Core Values.
Education and Experience:
- • High School Diploma or equivalent
- • BS Degree in Accounting preferred
- • 3-4 years of related experience in Accounts Receivable or soft collections
- • Proficiency in MS Office especially Excel
- • Strong attention to detail and documentation skills
- • Ability to work in a fast pace/high volume environment
- • Track record of independent work.