Location & Status
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Founded in 1980, Regal Wine Imports is an importer and wholesale distributor of wines, spirits and beers based in Moorestown, New Jersey. Co-founders Dan Bada and Charlie Trivinia believe that expert palates and the development of long-term, meaningful relationships are the keys to building a successful company. For more than 40 years, Regal has held true to that vision.
The company continues to grow, now counting more than 85 employees, two offices, and a broad local and national distribution network. Regal offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, disability benefits, 401K and Paid Time Off.
Responsible for providing support for A/R, Collections and Credit team functions with specific responsibility for performing activities related to the accurate processing of payments and credits; communications with customers and sales reps, recording, updating and reconciling related financial information; and providing accounting support to Finance and other departments.
- • Post cash receipts in Apprise ERP system
- • Review new account credit applications, check with credit services, follow up on trade and bank references to determine appropriate credit lines and terms.
- • Communicate daily with sales staff and drivers to make them aware of customer status prior to interacting with them.
- • Send customer statements, credit memos and invoices, credit or collection statement as appropriate.
- • Notify customers of returned checks or ACH, arrange for an alternate method of payment and assesses charges to account. Contact Sales Rep and/or Sales Manager with updates when applicable to ensure receipt of payment.
- • Appropriate servicing of accounts receivable, status of payments, collection activity. Document all communication in Customer collection notes in Apprise.
- • Place soft collections calls to customers regarding past due invoices or over credit limit status; make appropriate payment arrangements.
- • Work with customer service and sales team to advise regarding relevant information. Work with sales team on the status of returned checks or insufficient fund issues.
- • Act as liaison with sales force and drivers for notification of checks that need to be picked up, have been picked up or any other sales/customer related problem.
- • Effectively communicate and enforce NJ and NY compliance laws pertaining to invoicing, payments, and credit terms.
- • Provide support for other departments where needed.
- • Excellent attention to detail and the ability to successfully multi-task in a deadline-driven atmosphere.
- • Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence and good judgment.
- • Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback.
- • Well-organized, self-directed team player; prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- • Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- • Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- • Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality, presents numerical data effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
- • Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors and others.
- • Must embrace and demonstrate Regal Wine Core Values.
- • High School Diploma or equivalent
- • BS Degree in Accounting preferred
- • Experience in Accounting within a Distribution or Warehousing business preferred
- • 1-3 years of related experience in Accounts Receivable or soft collections i.e.: Bank teller, bookkeeping
- • Proficiency in MS Office especially Excel
- • Strong attention to detail and documentation skills
- • Ability to work in a fast pace/high volume environment