Location & Status
FLSA Status: Exempt
Regal Wine Imports is an importer and wholesale distributor of fine wines and craft beers based in Moorestown, New Jersey. Our philosophy is simple: find and represent the top examples of viniculture, viticulture and craft brewers from around the world.
Responsible for providing support for department functions with specific responsibility for performing activities related to the accurate processing of authorized invoices; recording, updating and reconciling related financial information; and providing instructions and/or accounting support to other departments.
- • Prepare disbursement checks, ACHs and wires supporting documentation in a timely fashion based on agreed upon due dates.
- • Record foreign currency transactions and maintain Euro forward contract worksheet.
- • Reconcile all bill backs with suppliers’ accounts
- • Respond timely to supplier correspondence and inquiries. Interact with internal and external customers in responding to inquiries.
- • Code and verify invoices for appropriateness and key into the computer system.
- • Code invoices with general ledger account numbers according to distribution in the general ledger; determines dates or invoices to be paid; enters invoices in to accounts payable system.
- • Obtain necessary approvals to authorize payment.
- • Draft accounts payable desk procedures and departmental processes.
- • Handle vendor inquiries; maintains vendor files and invoices and other payment details.
- • Notify and obtain approval from appropriate personnel pertaining to any discrepancies.
- • Perform Budget vs. Actual comparisons.
- • Receive and process vendor invoices and internal check requests; maintain open files for purchase orders, packing/receiving slips to match to invoices.
- • Reconcile invoices to open PO’s. Use problem resolution skills when variance exists.
- • Review and process vendor payments, employee expense reports and other required payments.
- • Assist A/R with deposit applications when required.
- • Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- • Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality, presents numerical data effectively, and can read and interpret written information
- • Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback
- • Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors and others
- • Excellent attention to detail and the ability to successfully multi-task in a deadline-driven environment.
- • Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence and good judgment.
- • Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- • Well-organized, self-directed team player; prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans
- • Must embrace and demonstrate Regal Wine Core Values
Education and Experience:
- • Ability to work in a fast pace/high volume environment
- • BS/BA Degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- • Proficiency in MS Office especially Excel, Outlook
- • Strong attention to detail and documentation skills
- • Accounts Payable Certification preferred
- • 3-5 years of experience with A/P and General Ledger required