Location & Status
FLSA Status: Exempt
Founded in 1980, Regal Wine Imports is an importer and wholesale distributor of wines, spirits and beers based in Moorestown, New Jersey. Co-founders Dan Bada and Charlie Trivinia believe that expert palates and the development of long-term, meaningful relationships are the keys to building a successful company. For over 30 years, Regal has held true to that vision.
The company continues to grow, now counting more than 75 employees, two offices, and a broad local and national distribution network. Regal offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, disability benefits, 401K and Paid Time Off.
This role is the key to timely and accurate payment to all our suppliers and service providers. The right candidate will have visibility to management and communication with all departments in the organization. This role is responsible for providing support for department functions with specific financial responsibility for performing activities related to the accurate processing of authorized invoices; recording, updating and reconciling related financial information; and providing instructions and/or accounting support to team members and other departments.
- •Maintain ongoing cash forecast including determining estimated receipts and scheduling disbursements in order to stay within Line of Credit availability.
- • Perform daily reconciliation of bank to books to verify deposit and disbursements.
- • Review and process vendor payments, employee expense reports and other required payments. Prepare disbursement checks, ACHs and wires with supporting documentation in a timely fashion based on agreed upon due dates using judgement for balancing cash requirements and availability.
- • Maintain Euro forward contract worksheet including recording all new forwards, recording disbursements in Euro, communicating with our foreign currency providers, and other related activities. Maintain electronic files of forward contracts including provider, maturity, history.
- • Keep track of credits owed to the company and ensure all credits are properly applied to accounts to offset payments as appropriate.
- • Respond professionally and timely to supplier correspondence and inquiries. Interact with internal and external customers in responding to inquiries. Communicate any issues or problems with all appropriate.
- • Verify and vouch invoices as appropriate. Work with vendors to resolve past due invoices and reconcile monthly statements from suppliers.
- • Draft accounts payable desk procedures and departmental processes.
- • Prepare reconciliations of GL accounts
- • Maintain permanent vendor files when appropriate. Maintain files of invoices and other payment details for confidential suppliers.
- • Notify and obtain approval from appropriate personnel pertaining to any discrepancies.
- • Perform certain Budget vs. Actual comparisons.
- • Assist A/R with deposit applications and other Finance team members as required.
- • Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events; ability to work in a fast pace/high volume environment.
- • Strong organizational ability.
- • Skilled at using Microsoft productivity software such as Excel, Outlook and Word.
- • Displays a curiosity to learn and can take ideas to the next level.
- • Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality, presents numerical data effectively, and can read and interpret written information
- • Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback
- • Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors and others.
- • Excellent attention to detail and the ability to successfully multi-task in a deadline-driven environment.
- • Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence and good judgment.
- • Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- • Well-organized, self-directed team player; prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans
- • Must embrace and demonstrate Regal Wine Core Values
Education and Experience:
- • Min 5 years of experience with A/P and GL required; Distribution experience preferred
- • Experience with ERP system; Apprise preferred
- • Experience with bank reconciliations, JEs, wires & ACH payments, foreign currency transactions.
- • BS/BA Degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- • Competence in Excel and Outlook required
- • Strong attention to detail and documentation skills